Earn CE Credits with Compliance Training Partners!
OSHA, Infection Control and HIPAA Made Easy for Dentistry
June 25, 2021
8:30 AM - 2:30 PM PST (11:30 AM - 5:30 PM EST)
Live CEU Webinar registration price is PER ATTENDEE. Each individual attendee must register to be able to attend the webinar and obtain CEU credit. Please call 888-388-4782 with any questions.
OSHA (4 CEs) - $80 | No CEs - $18
HIPAA (2 CEs) - $40 | No CEs - $18
Both OSHA and HIPAA (6 CEs) - $120 | No CEs - $36
Cancellation Policy: No fee if cancelled 10 or more days before the event. No refund if cancelled within 10 days of the event.
Each participant will receive:
- OSHA Workbook
- Custom Sign In Sheet
- OSHA Compliance Audit Check List
- Infection Control Compliance Audit Check List
- HIPAA Compliance Audit Check List
OSHA and Infection Control Made Easy for Dentistry
OSHA requires an annual retraining session for all employees. This course will help fulfill these requirements and will update participants on the latest from OSHA, including the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Hazard Communication and the Bloodborne Disease Pathogens Standard. In addition, the course will cover the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Infection Control Guidelines for Dentistry and will review best practices for infection control during the COVID-19 pandemic period.
Other topics covered include Subparts of the OSH Act that apply to dentistry including:
- Means of egress
- Ionizing radiation
- Non-ionizing radiation
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety and first aid
- Hazardous materials
- Dental unit water quality and testing requirements
Information will also be provided on how to react to an OSHA inspection of your office and how to assign tasks to key staff members so that they can assist you in achieving compliance.
This Course Includes:
- An OSHA and Infection Control workbook for each participant
- Detailed audit checklists for both OSHA and Infection Control to evaluate your office
HIPAA Compliance Made Easy for Dentistry
This course is for all members of the dental team and is designed to educate participants on the requirements for HIPAA compliance in their facilities. Included will be the following:
- Review components of the Privacy Standard
- Review responsibilities under the Security Standard
- Define Protected Health Information (PHI) and how to safeguard it
- Understand required hardware/software components
- Review the assignment of responsibilities
- Understand required forms and documentation
- Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- Review business associate responsibilities
- Understand security risks and how to mitigate them
- Define a security breach and know when/how it must be reported
- Be aware of steps to take in the event of a HIPAA inspection
- Understand your options if you receive a HIPAA citation and fine
In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements.
Matt Stephenson is a Field Sales Consultant with Henry Schein Dental, where he has served customers in North Idaho and Spokane Washington for over 13 years. Married for 21 years, he and his wife, Megan, have 3 teenage boys and live in Coeur d’Alene. He began teaching OSHA, HIPAA, and Infection Control courses at individual dental practices in 2008. Due to immediate increasing demand, Matt has since moved to larger facilities for annual training events. Matt brings years of hands on experience to this program and brings to you the education developed and updated by the Compliance Training Partners.