Earn CE Credits with Compliance Training Partners!
HIPAA COMPLIANCE MADE EASY FOR DENTISTRY
THURSDAY, Sept 21, 2023
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
Cost: $35 per person (Billed Via Henry Schein Dental Account Number)
CE Credits: 2 Lecture
Cancellation Policy: No fee if cancelled 10 or more days before the event. No refund if cancelled within 10 days of the event.
Live CEU Webinar registration price is PER ATTENDEE. Each individual attendee must register to be able to attend the webinar and obtain CEU credit. Please call 888-388-4782 with any questions.
Each participant will receive:
- HIPAA Workbook
- HIPAA Compliance Audit Check List
HIPAA Compliance Made Easy for Dentistry
This course is for all members of the dental team and is designed to educate participants on the requirements for HIPAA compliance in their facilities. HIPAA regulations require training for all employees in the areas of privacy, security, breach notification, patient rights, the inspection process and expectations of the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights, who enforce this law. In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements.
- Define Protected Health Information (PHI) and how to safeguard it
- Review components of the Privacy Standard
- Know responsibilities under the Security Standard
- Review the assignment of responsibilities
- Understand required forms and documentation
- Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- Review business associate responsibilities
- Know required hardware/software components
- Understand security risks and how to mitigate them
- Define a security breach and know when/how it must be reported
- Be aware of steps to take in the event of a HIPAA inspection
- Understand your options if you receive a HIPAA citation and fine
In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements.
SPEAKER: Karson L. Carpenter, DDS
Karson L. Carpenter serves as President of Compliance Training Partners. He is an OSHA approved trainer who has for over 25 years designed educational programs to bring dental facilities into compliance with the governmental regulations that affect them in the areas of OSHA, HIPAA and infection control. His experience includes guiding numerous clients across the United States through OSHA and HIPAA inspections as well as the critical post-inspection process.