HIPAA Compliance Made Easy for Dentistry
Meet Requirements for Staff Training
HIPAA COMPLIANCE MADE EASY FOR DENTISTRY
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2022 07:00 PM EST
Live CEU Webinar registration price is PER ATTENDEE. Each individual attendee must register to be able to attend the webinar and obtain CEU credit. Please call 888-388-4782 with any questions.
This course is for all members of the dental team and is designed to educate participants on the requirements for HIPAA compliance in their facilities. Included will be the following:
- Review components of the Privacy Standard
- Review responsibilities under the Security Standard
- Define Protected Health Information (PHI) and how to safeguard it
- Understand required hardware/software components
- Review the assignment of responsibilities
- Understand required forms and documentation
- Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- Review business associate responsibilities
- Understand security risks and how to mitigate them
- Define a security breach and know when/how it must be reported
- Be aware of steps to take in the event of a HIPAA inspection
- Understand your options if you receive a HIPAA citation and fine
In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements.
SPEAKER: Karson L. Carpenter B.S., D.D.S.
Dr. Karson L. Carpenter is a practicing dentist and serves as President and CEO of Compliance Training Partners. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, and has over 25 years experience designing educational programs to bring dental and medical facilities into compliance with governmental regulations including OSHA, HIPAA, and Infection Control.