Earn CE Credits with Compliance Training Partners!
Meet Annual Training Requirements for You and Your Team!
HIPAA, OSHA and Infection Control Made Easy for Dentistry
November 3, 2023 | 8:00 AM EST
Cost: $60 per person (Billed Via Henry Schein Dental Account Number)
CE Credits: 5 Lecture
Registration Closes: End of business, day before event. *Cancellations must be received within 24 hours of the webinar start time.
Live CEU Webinar registration price is PER ATTENDEE. Each individual attendee must register to be able to attend the webinar and obtain CEU credit. Please call 888-388-4782 with any questions.
Each participant will receive:
OSHA Compliance Audit Check List
Infection Control Compliance Audit Check List
HIPAA Compliance Audit Check List
OSHA and Infection Control
OSHA requires an annual retraining session for all employees. This course will help fulfill these requirements and will update participants on the latest from OSHA, including the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Hazard Communication and the Bloodborne Disease Pathogens Standard. In addition, the course will cover the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Infection Control Guidelines for Dentistry and will review best practices for infection control.
Other topics covered include Subparts of the OSH Act that apply to dentistry including:
- Means of egress
- Ionizing radiation
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety and first aid
- Hazardous materials
Information will also be provided on how to react to an OSHA inspection of your office and how to assign tasks to key staff members so that they can assist you in achieving compliance.
- Understand safety regulations in the dental office
- Know the OSHA regulations that affect a dental facility
- Be familiar with all infection control regulations and guidelines for dentistry
- Know the most current CDC guidelines for infection control
- Be prepared for an OSHA inspection in your dental facility
- Know your rights under OSHA law and how to respond to a citation
This course is for all members of the dental team and is designed to educate participants on the requirements for HIPAA compliance in their facilities. HIPAA regulations require training for all employees in the areas of privacy, security, breach notification, patient rights, the inspection process and expectations of the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights, who enforce this law. In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements.
- Define Protected Health Information (PHI) and how to safeguard it
- Review components of the Privacy Standard
- Know responsibilities under the Security Standard
- Review the assignment of responsibilities
- Understand required forms and documentation
- Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- Review business associate responsibilities
- Know required hardware/software components
- Understand security risks and how to mitigate them
- Define a security breach and know when/how it must be reported
- Be aware of steps to take in the event of a HIPAA inspection
- Understand your options if you receive a HIPAA citation and fine
In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements.
SPEAKER: Karson L. Carpenter, DDS
Karson L. Carpenter serves as President of Compliance Training Partners. He is an OSHA approved trainer who has for over 25 years designed educational programs to bring dental facilities into compliance with the governmental regulations that affect them in the areas of OSHA, HIPAA and infection control. His experience includes guiding numerous clients across the United States through OSHA and HIPAA inspections as well as the critical post-inspection process.